15 August, 2014

Shoes.

So. If you've ever been in/near my closet you know that I have a bit of a problem with buying shoes. All the shoes. Why yes I do need that pair of ankle boots. Why yes I know I already know that I own 4 pairs of ankle boots but none of them are that particular shade of light tan and I need them.
Luckily for me/my closet/my wallet, working a full time job has almost completely killed my want to wander around shoe stores for hours. It's partly because I am hella tired when I get home and I hate shopping on the weekend when everyone else is shopping (people are gross and need to let me shop in peace and stop bumping me. Okay - the bumping thing is more due to an anxiety driven need for personal space, but still. don't friggen bump me, bruh. I will have a panic attack at you.)
But if I'm being honest, it's because I only wear ~6 pairs of shoes on a regular basis. These select few pairs are my go to shoes for the following reasons:

  1. No matter how much I practice, I can't walk prettily in heels over 2 inches. 
  2. I am prone to falling (a lot) and wobbly narrow heels that are not easy to walk in in the first place do not help the whole 'falling down the stairs in a parking garage in front of other humans' thing. Wedge heels are my friend.   
  3. My office does not allow open toed shoes. Because toes are very sexy and distracting in the workplace. (as are shoulders apparently, but that's another matter. I don't want to get into male enforced dress codes for women because men are taught from a young age that it is a woman's job to hide the fact that she is a woman as much as possible lest she arouse the men around her and bring upon themselves any sexual advances/harassment caused by shoulders/toes/clavicles/etc. Whoopsie. I got into it.) 
  4. I walk quite a bit at my job/have to use the stairs occasionally so anything more than a 2 inch heel is out of the question, comfort wise. 
  5. These shoes go with basically everything I wear to work. 
Most of these shoes I've had for ages and ages so I'm not sure where I got them, but it's safe to guess DSW or Target for most of them. I love me a basic, neutral low heel shoe. That's probably pretty obvious, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment