17 December, 2014

FOTD #5


Long time no blog, yo.
I've been very busy quitting my job, knitting scarves, reading books (I'm going to do a post on all of the books I've read this year. At the end of the year. Not now), rewatching all of Orange is the New Black, applying for so many jobs, trying to write a book, and doing ... not much else otherwise. If I'm being honest I've been in quite the creative rut the last few months.
BUT NO MORE! I'm going to try to get back into blogging so look out for that.

Now! Into my 5th Face of The Day.

This makeup has become my everyday makeup.
I switch out the foundation and mascara, depending on my mood, but the rest has basically been what's on my face every day for the last month or so.
I've done this look so many times I hit pan on the Light Bronze in my Lorac Pro Palette, which is both awesome and sad because now I have to decide if I want to repurchase the palette for that 1 color or just find a replacement.

For Eyes: 
My love for the Lorac Pro Palette is never ending. It's the perfect size, has the perfect colors and I have consistently used it for almost 2 years. Same goes for my NYX brow powder. I just got my hair ombréd so I'm still trying to figure out what color best suits my eyebrows now and I'm sad to say that I might have to switch to a warmer brow powder with this hair color. I love Painterly. I have used it as my eyelid primer every damn day for the last 6 months. It is beautiful and I will definitely repurchase it it I ever run out of it. And for mascara ... this one's ok.  I'm not a tremendous fan of the brush on this mascara, but I really like the formula. 
 For Face:
I got a sample of Smashbox's new primer from Sephora and I am head over heels in love with it. It's Smashbox's version of Benefit's Porefessional. Sadly, it's more expensive and the Benefit primer isn't cheap in the first place. After months of hearing British bloggers rave about it, I recently got the Bourjois Happy Light foundation and I love it! It's great for days when I want long lasting low coverage.
Mac's Cubic and the NARS Creamy Concealers are oldies but goodies. Cubic is one of those colors that looks good on everyone and I've had it for ages. I'm pretty sure it's the first Mac blush I ever bought. And the NARS Concealer does exactly what it says on the tin: a highly pigmented, creamy (but not cakey) concealer.
For Lips:
My lips have been struggling this winter, y'all. I have tried lip scrubs, hyper moisturizing lip balms and the Etta + Billie lip balms are my favorite. I keep the Orange and Ginger one in my purse at all times because otherwise it's cracked lip city. Moving away from lipcare to lip color can I just marry this lipstick? I got it years ago and never really used it up until I did a massive reorganization of my makeup and found this in the back of my lipstick drawer. How could I ever have not loved this lipstick? It's the perfect 'My Lips But Way Better' color for me - it's a beautiful rosy nudey pink and with the Etta + Billie lip balm under it it lasts for ages.

Products Mentioned, and where you can get them:
Lorac Pro Palette - Ulta (this is an excellent gift, btw. The Pro Palette 2 has a lot warmer colors)
Tarte Lights Camera Lashes Mascara - Sephora / Ulta
NYX Eyebrow Powder - Ulta / CVS / Target
Mac Painterly Paintpot - Mac Counters
Mac Blush in Cubic - Mac Counters
Smashbox Pore Minimizing Primer - Sephora / Ulta (see if you can find the mini or travel size, there's a lot of product packed into the minis.)
NARS Creamy Concealer - Sephora
Bourjois Happy Light Foundation - ASOS (Bourjois is not available anywhere near me, so I order everything online)
NARS Lipstick in Tolede - Sephora (currently sold out - so you can try NARS' website or a counter in a department store)
Etta + Billie Lip Balms - ShopAnomie 


No comments:

Post a Comment